Reuse - ArTeSalVa

ArTeSalVa | Navigazione principale

Vuoi segnalare un caso di Ri-Uso di un immobile?

[ un edificio storico, un'area post-industriale, ecc. ]

 

Fai click qua

 

oppure

scrivi a: info@artesalva.isti.cnr.it

Con l'invio del modulo acconsenti al trattamento dei dati forniti secondo la Privacy Policy di ArTeSalVa.


Click on the images to display a full page gallery.


You are in: Research

Reuse

Good practice of reuse in Italy and around the world

In this section Italian and international best practices in reuse and enhancement of the public and private cultural heritage will be visible and comparable.

 

  • 15.10.2013

    Church and convent of S. Francesco, Lucca

    cultural reuse

    Built in the 13th century, the church and convent of S. Francesco were transformed in barrack and warehouses after the Italian Unification in the 19th century. In 2006 an adaptive reuse was begun and today the complex houses a university campus and a little archaeological museum.

  • 19.07.2013

    New Holland, Saint Petersburg

    poli-functional reuse

    Built in the 18th century as military naval warehouse, New Holland has been enlarged and adapted to different uses during the centuries. The complex has been abandoned until 2010 when a cultural urbanization and restoration design began.

  • 15.07.2013

    Tate Modern, London

    cultural reuse

    Post-industrial building, it was built from 1947 to house the Bankside Power Station, then closed in 1981. In the nineties the building was selected to become the new site of the Museum of modern and contemporary art in London (the Tate Modern). The architects involved in the project didn’t demolish the structure but they adapted the old building to its new cultural function.

  • 11.07.2013

    Mosque of the Janissaries, Chania

    poli-functional reuse

    Janissaries' mosque is located on the western basin of the port of Chania. It was built in the seventeenth century on a pre-existing church with a single nave. After the union of Crete with Greece it was sluice to the cult and it was used as administrative offices. It is currently used as an exhibition space for events and exhibitions.

  • 10.07.2013

    Archaeological Museum of Chania, Chania

    cultural reuse

    the Chania Museum has been housed in the church of the Venetian monastery of St. Francis since 1963. In the Ottoman period it was converted into a mosque and in the twentieth century in a movie theater. The museum houses an important collection of Minoan art.

  • 04.07.2013

    Royaumont Abbaye, Asnieres sur Oise

    cultural reuse

    Built in the 13th century thanks of Luigi IX, the Abbey was seriously damaged during the French Revolution, sold and transformed into a spun factory in 1791. Since 1964 it hosts the Royaumont Foundation, today a miltidisciplinary centre for musicians and dancers.

  • 03.07.2013

    Cité de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine, Paris

    architectural museum

    The museum was opened on 2007 thanks to the support of Franch Ministry of Culture and Communication. It houses three collections of architecture from XIIth century to the present into large spaces. The architectonic works are exhibited into three ‘thematic’ galleries with the help of in-depth 3D ricontruction, perfect exemple of museum communication.

  • 03.07.2013

    Palais de Tokyo, Paris

    cultural reuse

    The Palace hosts Palais de Tokyo was built in the thirties of XX century for the Universal Exhibition of art and technology. Palais de Tokyo was born on 2002 as Center of Contemporary Art. It has not permanent collections, while it organizes several exhibitions, promoted meetings and laboratories for contemporary artists.

  • 02.07.2013

    White Tower and Museum

    cultural reuse

    The White Tower, the monument-symbol of Thessaloniki, was once the southeast tower of the city's fortification walls. It host the new permanent exhibition on the history of Thessaloniki from its founding down to the present.

  • 01.07.2013

    La Chartreuse, Villeneuve lez Avignon

    cultural reuse

    Built in the 14th century thanks of Innocenzo IV pope and abandoned by the carthusians after the French Revolution, the complex was declared historic monument only in 1905. Since 1973 the chartusia has become a residential and cultural centre e since 1990 Centre national des écritures du spetacle (CNES) e Centre international de recherche, de création et d’animation (CIRCA).

  • 27.06.2013

    Kulturbrauerei, Berlin

    poli-functional reuse

    The Kulturbrauerei represents a significant case-study of poli-functional reuse in which the largest brewery has been transformed into a dynamic cultural and market meetingplace.

  • 26.06.2013

    Neues Museum, Berlin

    cultural reuse

    In 2009 the Neues Museum in Berlin reopened, despite works are yet in progress. In particular, a new gallery is under construction and it will become the new entrance at the Museums: the James Simon Gallery. Designed by Friedrich August Stüler in 19th century, seriously damages during the Second World War, the Neues Museum has remained an empty box for a long period of time. Inscribed as Unesco site since 1999, the complex has been restored and partially rebuilt by the english architect David Chipperfield.

  • 26.06.2013

    Reichstag, Berlin

    public reuse

    Built at the half of 19th century, destroyed by fire in 1933, after the fall of the Berlin wall and the restoration by Norman Foster, today the Reichstag hosts the Parliament of the German Federal Republic.

  • 26.06.2013

    Jüdisches Museum, Berlin

    cultural reuse

    In 2001 the Jüdisches Museum in Berlin was inaugurated. The design was by the American architect Daniel Libeskind. The result is a surprising fusion between the preexisting baroque building and the contemporary addition by Libeskind.

  • 26.06.2013

    Schlossplatz (Humboldt Forum), Berlin

    urban reuse

    In 2013 the construction of the Humboldtforum in Berlin began. It will be an innovative cultural and social meeting space in the central square Schlossplatz in Berlin. Designer is the Italian architect Franco Stella.

  • 27.03.2013

    Le Murate, Florence

    poli-functional reuse

    The Murate has been a prison until 1985, when it was abandoned. It has remained a decaying area until 1997, when the Municipality of Florence decided to restore and reuse the complex. The design has been minded by the Italian architect Renzo Piano.

  • 15.02.2013

    Arsenal, Venice

    poli-functional reuse

    Transferred from the Italian State to the Municipality of Venice thanks of the law 85/2010, the Arsenal has been partially restored and adapted to new functions: cultural, commercial, manifacturing, residential, military, thus becoming an open space in connection with near urban areas.

  • 31.12.2012

    La Venaria Reale, Turin

    cultural reuse

    Built in the XVII century thanks to Savoia family, enlarged in different times, the complex has been transformed into a barrak in 1818. Abandoned in the second postwar, the reggia has been restored and re-opened in 2007 thanks to a project lasting 10 years.

  • 19.09.2012

    San Ponziano church, Lucca

    cultural reuse

    Deconsacrated at the half of 20th century, abandoned for a long period of time, the SAn Ponziano church has been recently transformed into a public library by the Italian architect Stefano Dini. The main idea was to maintain distinct the historic building and new additions.